It is the greatest show on earth, a natural spectacle like no other and a life-changing experience. With a presence all along the migration route, Enticing Safaris will transport you to the best seat in the house.
The earth vibrates with the thundering of millions of hooves as heaving herds of wildebeest, zebra and gazelles fill the plains to chase the rains in the epic annual struggle for survival known as the Great Migration. It is the greatest show on earth, a natural spectacle like no other and a life-changing experience.
The annual Great Wildebeest Migration season
DECEMBER TO MARCH
The Southern short grass plains of Serengeti extend into the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. From December to March the Serengeti Migration congregates in large herds around Lake Ndutu and the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. When herds reaches these area they splits up and spreads out leaving wildebeest herds as far as the eye can see. The area is high game viewing at these time of the year and photographic heaven, if rains are not in plentiful the area dries and forces the herds to disperse as far as Maswa game reserve and adjacent woodlands.
APRIL TO MAY
It’s the rainy season in Tanzania. The Wildebeest migration moves to the central part of Serengeti around the Soronera valley with front runners heading out to the Western Corridor, by June most of the wildebeest are in Grumet area and the actual rating takes place here. Experience the hunting of the silent predators’ of the Grumeti waters.
JUNE AND JULY
By these time most of the wildebeest are spread out and most of the herds are heading north of the Serengeti national park, and towards the Mara River on the Tanzania side and River crossing can be witnessed here from late June to October and its one of the eye catching events.
WITNESS TWO OF THE WILDEBEEST OBSTACLES IN TANZANIA.
- Have a front seat to witness the Wildebeest going through the Grumeti River and the huge crocodiles hunting them.
- Admire the wildebeest crossing the Mara River with crocodiles waiting for a feast and the river current washing the weak ones down.
- Admire the calving season of the wildebeest on the southern Serengeti and adjacent Ngorongoro conservation area with high density of predators.
- Discover the silent hunters of the Grumeti waters
- Witness the Mara River crossing